CEO / Managing partner
Doctor of science Nematulla Karimov is the Managing Partner of Grant Thornton Uzbekistan. His professional career with Grant Thornton commenced in 2011. He holds a license of Certified Accounting Practitioner.
Dr. Nematulla Karimov has a certificate of auditor, issued by the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the qualification certificate of bank auditor issued by the Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Nematulla Karimov has over a decade of experience in auditing of financial statements, prepared in accordance with IFRS, and local standards, he completed internships in major banks and companies from oil, gas and energy industries in the Republic of Uzbekistan, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, China, Russia, Germany. He has acquired deep knowledge of the banking legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan, international standards of accounting and auditing. He leads audit assignments for large banks and transnational corporations, public sector organizations, and IFI projects.
Member of the Chamber of Auditors of Uzbekistan
Nematulla Karimov has extensive experience with national and international clients in the public and private sectors and from such industries as oil & gas, financial services, energy, tourism, transport, mining and others.
He specializes in:
- planning for IFRS, and statutory audits based on companies’ latest financial information, industry environment, regulatory and competitive environment, and hence assessing an audit approach for all accounts, including estimating audit fees;
- preparing financial statements for different clients in accordance with International Accounting Standards, and statutory requirements;
- performing IFRS, and statutory audits for Joint Ventures, representative offices and companies in manufacturing and financial industry;
- performing internal control reviews, due diligence, restatement and statutory compliance reviews for local and foreign entities;
- supervising and training in-field audit staff.
Nematulla holds a PhD in Economics.